Requirements for Our New Library
A New Building Committee was formed to oversee and direct the planning for the construction of the new building on the donated land.
The following list of requirements for our new Library were drafted by The Board of Trustees and are being used by the building and construction planners to design our new Library.
- Open floor plan, between 4,000 and 5,000 square feet
- Multi-Purpose room / Classroom / Meetings / Performance area
- Director’s Office, kitchen area, & separate break area for Staff
- Drive up drop-box, budget permitting
- Areas for the display of art and/or local historical artifacts
- IT room (dedicated server room / closet)
- Media area with 8 computers
Funding for the construction of the library will come from a variety of sources. Read more about Construction Funding.
Why Do We Need a New Library?
Growing Demand for Library Services and Materials
- By state standards, our building is almost 50% too small.
- Library use grew by 50% in the last 7 years.
- Internet use grew by 100% in the last 7 years.
- The Library hosted over 100 programs in 2018.
- Our available table space is frequently filled up.
There is No Space to Expand
- The children’s area is stretched to capacity.
- Insufficient seating for families to visit together.
- The teen area is practically nonexistent.
- During events, the library is near to the occupancy limit.
- The adults lack a comfortable quiet space.
- Staff is in need of adequate work and storage areas.
- Our old facility is damp and leaks constantly.
Did you know?
Libraries are a great investment in the community.
Most libraries across the country are funded very consistently over time. Capital infusions towards libraries can increase the reading scores of students in the areas which the library serves!
Read the report Published in 2021 from the Chicago Federal Reserve.
BRICK SALE GOING ON NOW
Only 400 Bricks will be available for purchase.
Easy installment payments.
New Building Committee Meetings
The committee meets on The 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 5pm in The Library.
ATTENTION ALL TRADES - ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR CONTRACTORS DATABASEWe are looking for all construction tradesman, artisans, suppliers, etc. interested in helping us with our project goals. If you or someone you know are in construction trades, supply chain or have other talents that can contribute to the cause, please use our Contact Us page to send us your contact information and area of expertise so we can reach out to you as we move forward.
Seeking the Following Trades & ServicesTree work, Earthwork, Trucking, Well Installation, Septic Installation, Landscaping, Asphalt Paving, Concrete Foundations, Concrete Flatwork, Masonry, Rough Carpenters, Millwork / Cabinets, Roofers, Siding, Caulking and Waterproofing, Glazing, Drywall, Tile, Flooring, Painters, Plumbers, HVAC, Electricians and more!
Your tax deductible contribution will help fund the construction of our new library.
Please Help Us Reach Our Goal
We'll fill this virtual bookshelf with books as we move towards our fund-raising goal.