We need your help Today!
We have an opportunity to request funding for our new library building through our Congressional Representative Elissa Slotkin. Applications are due April 16, 2021.
One of the factors of consideration is community support for a project. We’d like to solicit your thoughts on the new library and include your submissions with our application for funding.
We feel like we’ve got a great chance for this funding. We’ve got a “shovel-ready” project, with planning nearly complete and zoning / planning approval imminent. Please take a few minutes and send us your thoughts.
Learn more about this funding request at slotkin.house.gov/community-project-funding-info.
Volunteers recently traveled to the Mt. Clemens Library & White Lake Library to pick up a donation of furniture and fixtures for our new building. These items will remain in storage until we’re ready to use them.
The donation included:
4 Computer desks
2 Circulation desks
2 Media Cabinets
These items will be used in our new building and their donation helps us keep costs down.
New for 2021: Continuous Giver Program
Donations to our New Building Fund are the primary tool we have right now to advance the cause of a new Library for Addison Township.
Helping to spread the word about our project is the second most important type of donation.
Every donation helps.
- Specify any monthly amount
- Make sure to check the box to make it a monthly donation
- Stop whenever you want
- Feel good for supporting the library
Click the button below to get started
November 12, 2020
Here’s an update on where we are with the new building.
- The Library is planning on starting the new building construction when we meet our current funding goal which is $1.3. We are approximately $720k away from our goal. Our project manager is currently working with our architect and site planner to determine the actual cost.
- To help us reach our funding goal, we invite the public to 1) donate to the building fund directly or 2) buy an inscribed brick. Be a part of our new chapter! Through the CARES Act, there is a tax incentive to donate to non-profits this year. Visit www.letsbuildalibrary.orgto learn more or to make your donation.
- The library is waiting on final approval of architectural and engineering plans from the Addison Twp. Planning Commission.
- Everyone is invited to attend our Library Board of Trustees Meeting the third Tuesday of every month at 7pm or the New Building Committee Meeting that meets the first Monday of each month at 5pm. Both meetings are on Zoom. I you have other questions, please contact James Elsarelli, Chair of the Building Committee, (248) 420-7522 or James Baldiga, President of the Board of Trustees, (248) 736-0548.
July 1, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Addison Township Planning Commission Grants Special Use Approval to Library
In a unanimous vote last night, the Addison Township Planning Commission granted the Library’s request for “Special Use” which would allow for the construction of Addison Township’s first Library building on the donated land across Rochester Rd. from the Library’s current location.
This approval marks an important development in the plans for the new Library. The donated land is currently made up of three separate zoning types, and “Special Use” permission was required in order to construct the Library on the parcel.
New Building Funding Status
Details on the project status, site plan, building design, and our fundraising progress can be found on the website of the Addison Township Public Library Capital Campaign, www.letsbuildalibrary.org.
|Addison Twp. Library
Jaema Berman, Library Director
1400 Rochester Rd.
Leonard, MI 48367
|Addison Twp. Library Board of Trustees
James Baldiga, President
1400 Rochester Rd.
Leonard, MI 48367
BRICK SALE GOING ON NOW
Only 400 Bricks will be available for purchase.
Easy installment payments.
New Building Committee Meetings
The committee meets on The 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 5pm in The Library.
ATTENTION ALL TRADES - ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR CONTRACTORS DATABASEWe are looking for all construction tradesman, artisans, suppliers, etc. interested in helping us with our project goals. If you or someone you know are in construction trades, supply chain or have other talents that can contribute to the cause, please use our Contact Us page to send us your contact information and area of expertise so we can reach out to you as we move forward.
Seeking the Following Trades & ServicesTree work, Earthwork, Trucking, Well Installation, Septic Installation, Landscaping, Asphalt Paving, Concrete Foundations, Concrete Flatwork, Masonry, Rough Carpenters, Millwork / Cabinets, Roofers, Siding, Caulking and Waterproofing, Glazing, Drywall, Tile, Flooring, Painters, Plumbers, HVAC, Electricians and more!
Your tax deductible contribution will help fund the construction of our new library.
Please Help Us Reach Our Goal
We'll fill this virtual bookshelf with books as we move towards our fund-raising goal.